Friday, April 10, 2015

Text:CHARACTER:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Last week, while trying to connect my WebSphere Message Broker code (from Compute Node) with a DB2 database on IBM cloud, I encountered following error, which caused my flow to fail.

Text:CHARACTER:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Searching around the web, I could understand that this error is because my ODBC connection is 64-bit and my WMB is setup with 32-bit architecture.

The Solution:

In order to get rid of this issue, both ODBC DSN as well as the Application using this DSN (in my case the WMB) should use same architecture (either 32 or 64 bit).

So, I decided to use 32-bit ODBC manager instead of 64-bit. You can do this, by running following exe file in windows 7.

c:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe

When you run this exe, it opens the 32-bit ODBC Manager. Create your DSN here.

In my case, the WebSphere Message Broker flow started working when I created the DSN using 32-bit ODBC Manager.

Hope this helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment